- All natural stone (Granite, Marble, etc.) contains fishers, micro-cracks, pores and slight variations in thickness and colour.
- Colours will vary from samples.
- Quartz, being man made, may contain slight warpage causing unlevel seams.
- Colours may become unavailable without notice.
We use a very sensitive laser to measure. The following criteria must be followed for measure: Clear off all counters to be measured (temporary sinks can stay). All pets must be locked out of areas to be measured. All cabinets must be completely installed, fastened together and to the walls including all doors, end panels and gables. Older cabinets often require re-leveling prior to measure to avoid large gaps caused by excessive shimming. This is the home-owners responsibility. All doors, end panels and gables must be installed. Customer supplied sinks and faucets must be on site at time of measure. Appliances cannot be in the middle of the kitchen (laser needs to be set in the middle of room). Actual stove/cooktop and fridge or installation manual/make & model must be on site.
|Home Owner Responsibility
- It is the home owner’s responsibility to cover floors.
- Plumbing, drywall, painting or cabinet alterations are the owner’s responsibility.
|Faucets and Electrical
- We are not responsible for the condition of “used” faucets. If you wish to re-use them, they should be removed by a licensed plumber.
- All electrical such as: cooktops, downdrafts and garberators must be removed by an electrician.
|Prices, Charges and Policies
- Prices are subject to adjustment on final measurement.
- Additional charges for delivery may apply.
- Prices include mounting of under mount sink(s), but no plumbing.
- Any cabinet alterations or removals required during granite installation will be added to the final invoice at $150/ per hour.
- Prices are based on availability of materials and can change without notice.
- Prices not guaranteed until deposit is received.
- 50% deposit required at time of order.
- Balance due at time of delivery. 5% per month will be charged on overdue accounts.
- Balances not paid within 24 hours of installation will be charged to credit card on file.
- Material remains the property of Cataraqui Granite Co. until paid in full.
- Any installation dates postponed within 10 business days are subject to a $300 rescheduling fee
- All changes must be done through the office. Charges may apply.
|Suppliers and Material
- We suggest you hand-pick your own slabs from our suppliers in Toronto or Ottawa. If you choose not to do this, we will e-mail you a photo of a similar slab from a similar block.
- Once your material arrives in our yard you must accept it, as it cannot be returned.
- If you tag material at a supplier, it is your responsibility to supply us with the tag slip.
- You may indicate where your counter could be cut from within the slab. However, we reserve the right to make the final decision.